Tshepo The JeanMaker’s Wenawedwa Double Black Collection was created with the modern and progressive black individual in mind. This individual personifies class and style, and through their actions they excel in their respective fields.
“Wenawedwa is the name of a women who through her own style, tells her story of individuality and black excellence which is echoed through her beautiful voice,” says Tshepo Mohlala, the brand’s founder and creative director. “Wenawedwa means ‘the only one’, amplifying personal and individual style as well as highlighting the journey on the path to excellence.”
The lookbook was shot on the streets of Marshalltown, Johannesburg by Cedrick Nzaka and Austin Malema and features some familiar faces. Tshepo opted for models that personify class and style and also excel in their respective fields, namely:
- Shaun Naki aka shaun stylist – Influencer and stylist
- Sibusiso Ngwenya – founder of Skinny Sbu Socks
- Lebo and Tebo Ndala – chefs and food stylists (with love from the twins)
- Tshepo Mogorosi – Denim Head and Creative Director (advertising)
- Marvin Loui – Model and Graphic Designer
- Jamine Sehlako – Accountant and Yoga instructor
- Sikhumbuzo Mokoena – Model and Graphic designer
- Palesa Williams – Professional Model
Tshepo The JeanMaker will be showcasing the Wenawedwa Double Black Collection through a pop up store at the J&B Hive from the 6th until the 12th of June 2017. The collection is limited to 30 pieces of each style to represent the exclusive personal journeys of these progressive individuals.